- The 2022 Johannes van Dam prize was awarded to Jeroen Meus
- In the Kitchen with Alain Passard. An excellent graphic cookery book showing Chef Passard, his kitchen and his staff in a unique, humorous way.
- King of Chefs, about Antonin Carême, part 1
- Chef of Kings, about Antonin Carême, part 2
- Absolutely Jean Beddington! A cookery book with beautiful dishes and a number of recipes for great ‘daily’ food, such as fish cakes with a beetroot and ginger chutney.
- Earthly Delights, the Mushroom Book was written by Michael McLaughlin and is an excellent introduction to the culinary world of mushrooms.
- Hilaire Walden has written a number of excellent cookbooks, covering various kitchens. Best known are her books on traditional English food and cookies. We love her book about the French provincial kitchen and the one about the Loire
- In The Quiet Hunt we talk about Antonio Carluccio‘s The Complete Mushroom book. An excellent and authorative book on mushroom foraging, storing and preparing.
- The Mushroom Feast was written by Jane Grigson. Be inspired by one of Britain’s finest writers on recipes and food.
- Chez Panisse is the name of Chef and Activist Alice Waters‘ restaurant in the San Fransisco Bay Area. It’s also the name of her menu cookbook. We made her eggplant soup.
- In 2010 James Tanner published Takes 5: Delicious Dishes Using Just 5 Ingredients with over 90 recipes, ranging from Roasted Red Bell Peppers with Anchovies to Scones. Short shopping lists, easy recipes and tasty results: what more can you ask for!
- The Cuisine Minceur, the slimming kitchen, was created by French chef Michel Guérard. One of his recipes is the modern version of the rich Sauce Vierge. This version is often called Antiboise. It’s perfect with fish.
- Luilekkerland is about 400 years of cooking and drinking in The Netherlands. We prepare a recipe from 16th century medical doctor Carolus Battus.
- La Cuisinière Provençale is a comprehensive cookbook (in French). It was first published in 1897 and was written by Jean-Baptiste Reboul. It includes 1119 recipes for an enormous variety of dishes ranging from soups to stews, desert and preserves.
- Ginette Mathiot is well know for het classic cookbook I know How to Cook. She includes an helpful overview of spices, herbs, aromatic vegetables, a glossary and of course many recipes, all written with the goal to share and transfer knowledge.
- Thanks to Prime-Cook healthy non-stick frying is possible.
- Join the 2022 Amsterdam Symposium on the History of Food.
- Van Aardappel tot Avocado: how what we buy, how we prepare it and how we serve it is influenced.
- A dish to remember: Antonio Carluccio’s Oysters with Zabaglione and White Truffle
- Peter Rose at the University of Amsterdam on the influence of Dutch Colonists on food and cooking in the USA