Preparing Breast of Duck is not difficult.
- Check the breast of duck for remainders of feathers.
- Remove the vein on the meat side of the breast (and the odd membrane you don’t like).
- Put on a dish, cover and transfer to the refrigerator.
- Leave in the refrigerator for a few hours, making sure it’s nice, firm and cold. We want crispy fat, so we need to fry the meat relatively long. In order to get the right cuisson, we start with cold meat (so not your normal room temperature).
- Fry the duck in a hot, non-sticky skillet for 12 minutes on the skin side. Reduce the heat after a few minutes. You don’t need oil or butter, the duck fat will do the trick.
- Now fry for 2 or 3 minutes on the other sides.
- Remove from the pan and cover with aluminium foil in such a way that the crispy skin is not covered. The foil should only cover meat.